SWEFLING PARISH COUNCIL: 2018-01-09 Minutes

Minutes of the Sweffling Parish Council Meeting 9th January 2018 7.30 pm in the Village Hut.

  1. Attendance and Apologies
    Attendees: Cllr John Stanley – Chair; Cllr Isobel McGovern – Vice Chair; Cllr Audrey Lummis; Cllr Jude Chin; Cllr Julia Kinsey; Cllr Martin Wyard
    Apologies for absence: Cllr John Tesh
    In attendance: Maureen Philpot – Clerk
  2. Declaration of Pecuniary and Non-Pecuniary interests
    None
  3. Public Forum
    No questions
  4. Minutes
    Due to recent circumstances, no minutes available at the moment
  5. Village
    a. Jill Abbott has suggested that a circular bench should be put on Jubilee Field in memory of Keith Godman, a former Chairman of the Parish Council. The Council were happy to agree to the placing of a bench and Jill is happy to organise the fundraising.
    b. The Chair proposed that when the Bridge comes out a note reminding the village that there could be potential floods in the gully (Washbrook Corner) and people should be reminded of their responsibilities (clearing ditches etc.).
    ACTION: The Chair will write a notice in the Bridge to remind everyone of their responsibilities with the threat of flooding.
    c. The cutting of Jubilee Field cannot start until the weather improves but should be done before Easter.
    ACTION: The Chair will see to this when the weather improves.
    d. A budget needs to be prepared for 2018/2019. The precept shouldn’t need to be changed from the previous year. To be confirmed at the next meeting.
    e. The new grit bins need to be distributed around the village. They should be placed on flat ground and as close to the grit piles as possible. The grit can then be shovelled into the bins. A team of volunteers is needed to carry out this work. This should be done as soon as possible, this month preferably.
    ACTION: The Chair will organise this work.
    f. It was stated that the audit returns needs to be resolved.
    g. It was reported that there had been two accidents on the B1119. The 30 mph signs should be erected this month at the latest.
    ACTION: The chair will get in touch with Tony Buckingham to find out the progress of the signs.
  6. Administration
    Nothing available at the moment, will appear in the next minutes.
  7. Finance
    Nothing available at the moment, will appear in the next minutes.
  8. Correspondence
    None available at the moment., will appear in the next minutes.
  9. Questions to the Chair
    None
  10. Next meeting
    The date and time for the next meeting is Tuesday 13th February 2018 at 7.30 pm.

The meeting closed at 8.10 pm