SWEFLING PARISH COUNCIL: 2018-02-13 Minutes

Minutes of the Swefling Parish Council Meeting 13th February 2018 7.30 pm in the Village Hut

  1. ATTENDANCE AND APOLOGIES
    Attendees: Apologies for absence:
    Cllr John Stanley-Chair; Cllr Jude Chin; Cllr Audrey Lummis; Cllr Isobel McGovern-Vice Chair; Cllr Julia Kinsey; Cllr Martin Wyard; Cllr John Tesh; Cllr Stephen Burroughs
  2. Declaration of Pecuniary and Non-Pecuniary interests
    None
  3. Public Forum
    No questions. A report was sent to the Chairman from Cllr Stephen Burroughs.
  4. Minutes
    (a) The minutes of the meeting held on 9th January 2018, copies of which were previously circulated, were proposed by Cllr Julia Kinsey and seconded by Cllr Audrey Lummis. All were in favour. They were approved as true and accurate records and were signed by the Chair.
    Matters Arising
    (b) A notice was put into the Bridge reminding villagers of their duties regarding potential flood problems.
    (c) The field still doesn’t need cutting but will be done when weather improves.
    (d) The grit bins are still an ongoing matter.
  5. Village
    (a) Precept – the Clerk signed the form for the current precept figure (£3,300.00) and SCDC has received this notification.
    (b) The matter of the signs on the B1119 is still ongoing. The Chair has been told that the signs should go up in March, the Council are hoping they go up before Easter.
    (c) In the future the garden Waste bin will cost £43 per year, this amounts to £1.65 per collection. The flyer relating to this will be posted in the Bridge.
  6. Finance
    Bank Balances as at 2nd November 2018

    Barclays Community Account:                      £1,545.50
    Barclays Premium Account:                        £1,853.45
                                                     £3,398.95
    
    Allocated Funds and Reserves                     £  500.00
                                                     £  500.00
    
    Bank Balance less allocated Funds and Reserves   £2,898.95
    
    Income – January 2018
    Norse – Litter pick                              £   20.00
    Sweffling Fete                                   £  110.00
                                                     £  130.00
    Payments – October 2017
    Andy Franklin – Mower expenses                   £   19.00
                                                     £   19.00
    
    Net Balance                                      £3,009.95
  7. Correspondence
    Flyer for Green Waste
    e-mail regarding the threat of bird flu – distributed
  8. Questions to the Chair
    Councillor John Tesh spoke about an e-mail regarding safeguarding rules. Cllr Julia Kinsey commented that she is contacting Groups in the Village regarding their safeguarding commitments. The Chairman said that the Council cannot enforce a safeguarding Policy but can advise groups to put one into place as good practice.
    ACTION: Cllr John Tesh and Cllr Julie Kinsey to give a report on safeguarding to a full meeting of the Council.
    The Clerk or The Chair will ring SALC regarding the policy on Safeguarding.
    A question was asked about the new data protection laws. The only person to have access to data is the Clerk who must not disclose data to anyone.
    ACTION: The Clerk will ring SALC regarding Data Protection.
    The Council discussed the problem of people trespassing on private roads. It was suggested that a notice be put into The Bridge and also into the Welcome pack regarding this matter.
    The next litter pick will be on 7th April 2018 at 10am.
  9. Next Meeting
    The date and Time for the next meeting is Tuesday 13th March 2018 at 7.30 pm.
    The meeting closed at 8.45 pm.